Reach thousands of intelligent, expert readers interested in the latest in Wi-Fi News with your message of sponsorship.
The above could be a paid, sponsored link. Contact me for more information.
Municipalities plan free wireless access: The New York Times's John Markoff reports that several municipalities are looking into deploying free wireless networks as glue for businesses and people. Long Beach, Calif., is one of the first larger ciites, but more are on the way. Tim Pozar, a microwave and Wi-Fi expert, also announces in the article the availability this week of a strong signal from San Bruno Mountain south of San Francisco.
Meet me at Macworld in San Francisco, Jan. 7 to 10: I and Adam Engst, my co-author on The Wireless Networking Starter Kit, will be signing books and talking to attendees all around the Macworld Exposition show floor next week:
- Tues., Jan. 7, 3-4 p.m.: We'll be talking wireless network troubleshooting at the Aladdin booth (#1407)
- Wed., Jan. 8, 3-4 p.m. : DevDepot (booth #3761) is hosting a book signing (and selling) hour with us
- Thurs., Jan. 9, 5-6 p.m.: Find us at the Peachpit Press booth (#2029) where we'll be available to discuss Wi-Fi in general and Peachpit will be happy to sell you the book (which we'll autograph on request)
- Throughout the show: Macwireless.com (booth #1646) will have autographed copies of our book on hand, and check out their "power over Ethernet" option for Apple Base Stations
- Wed., Jan. 8, 3:30-4:30 p.m.: We're appearing from the show floor on Your Mac Life, an Internet radio program
- Friday, Jan. 10 around 4 p.m.: We'll be appearing on TechTV, a cable channel with its HQ in San Francisco, to talk about a whole range of subjects